For people suffering from a variety of different health conditions, OPRI Health offers a safe, non-invasive solution. As opposed to risking the symptoms and side effects of medications or undergoing painful surgical procedures, our OPRI Health chiropractic services provide highly effective treatments that can be performed quickly in our office, with little to no down time and often at a fraction of the cost you would otherwise pay for medical care. The following highlights some common conditions in which chiropractic care has been shown to get results.
Chiropractic Care: Effective in Treating a Variety of Conditions
Chiropractic treatment is aimed at correcting issues with the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, which have the potential to impact areas throughout the body. It combines hands on techniques to correct alignment issues with non-invasive treatments to eliminate pain and stiffness, while recommending dietary or lifestyle changes that reduce inflammation and support body functions.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has reviewed numerous research studies comparing chiropractic care as an alternative to more traditional, and often more costly and invasive, forms of treatment. Evidence shows it can be effective in treating the following types of conditions:
- Back Pain: Problems with the upper or lower back can occur as the result of overuse, poor posture, or due to acute trauma, such as what may occur in a car accident. Issues with muscles, joint tissues, alignment of vertebrae or even damage to discs can all be addressed through chiropractic care.
- Neck and Shoulder Pain: Neck and shoulder injuries and issues with alignment can cause numbing, weakness, and tingling sensations that ripple throughout the body. By applying gently manipulating and messaging these areas, our doctors can provide relief without the need for surgery.
- Fibromyalgia: A common condition impacting the bones and muscles, fibromyalgia causes crippling pain, discomfort, and limited movement for many sufferers. Chiropractic care can supplement or even replace the use of expensive medications, which often have dangerous and potentially debilitating side effects.
- Gastrointestinal Problems: Chiropractic care often emphasizes the need for dietary improvements and lifestyle changes, which can greatly benefit people suffering from gastrointestinal disorders.
- Sports and Recreational Injuries: Those who engage in sports or otherwise lead an active lifestyle may have come to expect periodic aches, pains, and inflammation as being a fact of life. Chiropractic care can provide immediate comfort and relief, while addressing and treating the underlying condition that could result in more serious injuries further down the line.
Other conditions that chiropractic care has been shown just as if not more effective than conventional, more invasive medical treatment include arthritis, asthma, degenerative disc disorder, sciatica, scoliosis, and visceral disorders, which affect the function of body organs and systems. The accompanying lifestyle changes recommended by chiropractors can also help reduce stress, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels, which can help you avoid heart attack, stroke, and other diseases.
Discover OPRI Health Chiropractic Services
Chiropractic care is a safe, effective option for treating the pain, weakness, or discomfort associated with a variety of medical conditions. To discuss your options in seeking treatment, contact OPRI Health and request an appointment today.