At Tier One Chiropractic, our doctors are highly skilled in making spinal adjustments that help to improve your body’s alignment and eliminate pain. As one of several Bellevue chiropractic services we offer, it provides a safe, non-invasive treatment for chronic conditions and injuries that result from accidents, poor posture, and overuse. However, the benefits of chiropractic care do not stop there. By correcting alignment problems, spinal adjustment supports overall functioning, helping your body to heal itself. The results include better moods, increased energy, and less stress, all of which can dramatically improve your overall health and well being.
Spinal Adjustments and Chiropractic Care
Chiropractors focus on correcting disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. When patients suffer a chronic health condition, a sudden accident or pain from several years of overuse and repetitive stress, soft tissues in the spine often become irritated and inflamed while joints and vertebrae are immobilized or pushed out of place. The effects go beyond the immediate area or the site of your injury to impact the entire body.
Spinal adjustment, or spinal manipulation, is a technique that helps to repair these damages. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) advises that it is often used to help alleviate lower back, neck, and shoulder pain, along with conditions such as asthma, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic headaches.
The Many Benefits of Spinal Adjustments
While spinal manipulation is effective in treating a variety of serious medical conditions, even otherwise healthy, pain-free people can reap the benefits as well. Better spinal alignment means healthier tissues and improved posture, which can have the following impact on your general physical and mental health:
- Improved Immune system: Regular spinal adjustments help to reduce inflammation and keep your nervous system functioning properly, This helps to support your immune system, making you less susceptible to disease and illness.
- Greater motion and movement: Having greater flexibility and an increased range of motion makes it easier to perform your job and household tasks while also allowing you to exercise and participate in physical hobbies you enjoy.
- Improved mood: Being in constant pain is frustrating and increases your risks of developing anxiety disorders and depression. Once discomfort is eliminated, patients often experience a boost in their overall mood and happiness level.
- Lower blood pressure: Physical tension builds up in your muscles and joints, restricting blood flow and increasing cortisol levels. Alleviating this tension can reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
- Offers relief for headaches: For people with chronic migraines or tension headaches, improving blood flow and alignment can provide immediate relief and reduce dependency on pain medications.
- Better sleep: By addressing neuro-musculoskeletal conditions, patients get relief from pain, numbness, and tingling in extremities, which prevents them from getting a good night’s sleep.
Find Out How Our Bellevue Chiropractic Services Can Help You
Spinal adjustment provides a safe, non-invasive solution for dealing with pain and limited mobility while helping to improve your overall health and wellbeing. To find out more about our Bellevue chiropractic services and how we can help in your specific situation, reach out and contact Tier One Chiropractic to schedule an appointment today.